Look at the great gift of food from the Montessori school at Vickery and Sharon Springs!!! Thank-you students (and parents) for helping to feed hungry children!
If you would like to sponsor a child for Christmas, please let Rosemarie (email@example.com) know. All children are part of the Meals by Grace program.
We are asking that you spend $100 on each child. One $25 toy and the rest in clothing needs. We have 86 children that need to be sponsored.
Remember don’t delay if you want to select a child, their names will go fast from the giving tree. You are a blessing to these children, thank-you for your generosity!
The world is a CRAZY place. We are all BUSY people. The truth is money is insufficient for MANY people. But it is also true that Meals by Grace supporters are WITHOUT A DOUBT the most responsive and generous any where!!! Please know how dearly you are loved (and needed)!!!
Something interesting has occurred this year that has not happened before. I think it is two fold. First we are more well known in the community than ever before but also the need is increasing as the extreme stress on our society in the jobs/financial area continues unabated. Last year (as in previous years) many, many folks and groups were holding canned food drives for local groups (MbG included). This year that has not happened – at least not to the usual extent. So when you add in the greater need and the lesser response I find myself reaching out to you for help.
Briefly, we have several needs:
1. The Place of Forsyth helps Meals by Grace by packing boxes of canned goods for us to distribute to our families with our hot meal each week to help them stretch their resources. We are now up to 32 families and they can no longer supply our additional needs as their own food supply is drastically down.
2. The school social workers keep Family Meal Bags that we create in their schools so they can have them ready to take with them to a home the minute they find out there is a need. We have insufficient supplies in-house to make more bags.
3. Community frequency to visit our pantry has increased to the point we are in desperate straights to supply our needs and have been “stealing” food from our meal prep ingredient pantry to supply these bags.
4. the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) are coming – during those weeks of school being out of session we have hundred of children in the community that will have no free/reduced lunches and breakfasts to help them through – during this time Meals by Grace generally sends home to these little ones an additional Holiday bag of breakfasts and lunches to tide them over (the families do not suddenly have additional resources).
Please if you can, we need several things:
1. Funding to purchase additional food from the Food Bank (we are a partner agency and can buy available foods for .16 cents a pound. That means $10 can buy 160 pounds of food!!!
2. Canned meats (tuna, chicken, ham, etc.)
3. Rice, Pasta, Mac n Cheese
4. Canned pasta sauce (no glass jars please).
5. Meals in a can (Ravioli, spaghetti-O’s, Beef stew, hash, etc.)
6. Boxes of cereal
7. Shelf stable milk
Please, dear friends – when you see these little ones cruising the lunch room asking their friends, “are you going to eat that?” and taking the food to hide to have later it breaks your heart. We need to get more foods available on our shelves (and to the Place too) quickly so that we can supply the needs of these children when they are at home and away from the free/reduced lunches the school supplies.
Can you help? Will you?
The end of the year is coming, all donations are tax deductible and the need is GREAT. You can donate here on our web-site by clicking the DONATE button. Canned/boxed goods can be dropped off Monday – Friday 9-4 at 6755 Majors Road, Cumming, GA 30040.
Please help. We NEED YOU!!!
We had an opportunity to share our vision for feeding hungry children and to showcase some of the many volunteers that serve in Meals by Grace. Pictured above were some of the board members of Meals by Grace that hosted Congressman Rob Woodall’s visit. We appreciate Rob Woodall making time in his busy schedule to use us!
This Sunday Afternoon our Congressman Rob Woodall plans to visit the Volunteers of Meals by Grace. Please help us welcome him and share our passion for feeding hungry children.
Remember our Volunteers are precious to us and the children we serve.
Thank-you for your service!
The Foundation is Done!
Now that the foundation is done the Freezer and Cooler have been disassembled and are being transported to the site. Watch for updates this week as they are assembled on the new foundation.
The foundation has been dug and the next steps are installing the steel and next the Concrete. Watch for the next update!
We are looking for some volunteers to help with the foundation work this Saturday 8 to noon. We will be shoveling some dirt digging the footer for the foundation.
If you can help any of these days please email us at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dig those hot pink shovels!
It never fails – when I’ve been pushing and stressing and doing more than I can really, reasonably, expect to do – once I’m past whatever the event is, I invariably get sick! Yep, you guessed it – I’ve been functioning at about 25% since last Saturday. It was such a wonderful day and I wanted to write about it right away… but then… ugh! I’m starting to feel human again so I’m going to go back and relive it in my mind and share my impressions with you.
My very first kudo has to go to our Board of Directors for getting up so early to squeeze in a meeting before our Ground Breaking event and helping with the day – they are such AWESOME, DEDICATED folk who truly have lifted so much weight from my shoulders and filled my heart with encouragement on a regular basis. Thanks dear ones, for all your help and support!!!
The next kudo has to go to David B. for having the foresight to bring a small portable sound system from home for us – we all completely forgot the youth group was taking the usual system on their retreat! Whew! David, you are a true life saver!!! – Oh, and thanks for helping ALL DAY with so many things….
If you weren’t there you missed two wonderful performances; the first, a moving experience of having the flags presented and the pledge by the American Heritage Girls troop from St. Brendans – delightful young ladies!
The other performance was a breath-taking musical rendition of “God Bless America” by the incredibly talented and beautiful Kylie Beniamino to learn more about this young woman you can check her out on YouTube or at www.kyliebeniamino.com
As this is getting long I’ll just stop for now and call it “Part One” and continue later… thanks EVERYONE for all your help, support and encouragement!!!
The Meals by Grace Ground Breaking Ceremony was a great success! We enjoyed a warm sunny day and a great group of people who came together who are committed in fighting hunger in our community.
Below is a link to some of the pictures from that event.
Our Board of Directors thanks you for your support and invites you to become a regular partner in feeding hungry children. There is no gift or service that is too small, don’t wait get involved, together we can feed the hungry children in our community