This service day has passed.
Weekend Service Goal
The main goal for our weekend service day is preparing and delivering food to children and families in our communities. And you are an essential part of that! We have a variety of service teams from making laundry detergent to working in the kitchen. Thank you in advance for serving our children in need! We couldn't do this without you!
Things You Need to Know:
Location: Midway United Methodist Church, 5025 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Dress weather appropriate. Some teams work outside.
- Arrive around 12:50 pm through the side door of the gym (first floor, far left side of back building) to sign in.
- NOTE: If you are doing Delivery Only, arrive by 2:30 pm for delivery instructions.
When You Arrive:
- When you enter through the gym doors, to your right, find your name tag on the tables against the wall.
- Your Name tag will have on it: Your Name, Service Team and Family Delivering to.
- You Do Not need to check in once you have your name tag.
- If you are delivering, you can go to the map and check out where you family is located.
- Any non-monetary donations will be placed on the cart to your left of the gym doors.
- Any monetary donations can be placed in the pink bucket at the front desk.
- Before the event starts, volunteers will help set up tables and chairs.
During the Event:
- We will have a meeting to discuss safety rules and instructions for the day, then break up into teams and get started.
- After all teams are finished, we will have a final meeting to discuss delivery and clean up instructions.
- We ask that GROUPS serving together provide at least ONE driver for every THREE volunteers.
- Parents with middle school or high school students, or driving-age teens, will be delivering to families in a different school district
- PARENTS: Please be sure to pick up your student by 3:00.
Things We Need from You
- Please donate $10 per person each time you volunteer to help cover food costs.
- Bring it with you.
- Donate online.
- Setup a weekly or monthly recurring donation on this site.
- We always need CLOTH GROCERY BAGS AND EMPTY EGG CARTONS.
- Food ministry supplies we are running low on...
- CANNED VEGGIES
- CANNED FRUIT
- SHELF STABLE MILK (not condensed or powdered)
Other Ways to Help
- Become a Monthly Donor
- Help families become self-sustained by becoming a monthly donor. Monthly tax-deductible gifts of $10 or more provide the backbone for our work in eliminating food insecurity and providing meaningful food support.
- Select the "Setup a Recurring Gift" link from the "My Account" page.
- Text to Give
- Simply send text to 44321 and in the message type Sunday and follow the link to give securely via your phone.
- Amazon Smile
- When you purchase from Amazon use the link https://smile.amazon.com to make your purchase.
- Select Fill Ministries Inc. as the organization you support.
- Kroger Community Rewards
- When you sign up for a Kroger Plus Card, designate Meals by Grace Inc. AV008 as the nonprofit you want to support.
- Corporate Matching
- Check to see if your company offers a matching funds program. We can assist you with participating or even setting one up with your company.