This service day has passed.
Weekend Service Goal
The main goal for our weekend service day is preparing and delivering food to children and families in our communities. And you are an essential part of that! We have a variety of service teams from making laundry detergent to working in the kitchen. Thank you in advance for serving our children in need! We couldn't do this without you!
**Alternate Sunday Service**
Location: Midway UMC 5025 Atlanta Highway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
Due to the small size of our teams now, it is important, once you register, that you arrive at your appointed time. If you are feeling ill, someone in your household is sick or are unable to volunteer, please call Hilary at 678-430-2479 to cancel. If you need to leave a message, state your name and the team you signed up for.
Preparation teams will be limited to four teams of 10 who will enter and exit through separate doors into their own areas. All teams will be isolated (no cross-working) and each team will be given separate instructions once you are assembled. Hot meal prep and special project teams are discontinued for the time being.
- The loading team should arrive at 12:00 (Be able to lift 25+ Lbs.)
- The bread, fruit and canned goods teams should arrive at 1:00 (Please park up near the old chapel to ensure your car does not get blocked by the delivery drivers.)
- Delivery drivers should arrive at 2:15 and stay in their cars
- Car Loading Team should arrive at 1:45
- Set Up/Loading Team: Arrive through the portico doors behind the gym.
- Bread/Desserts Team Members: Will meet in the outside Pavilion where we normally make laundry soap. Please dress appropriately for the weather and anticipate that this will be a short time of service, as grocery partners do not have a lot of stock to give us due to the public run on their stores.
- Fruits/Vegetables Team Members: Will enter and exit through the outside door to the Fellowship Hall.
- Canned Goods Team: Midway UMC has allowed us extended, uninterrupted storage of goods in their gym, so our canned goods will be pre-staged for packing. Please use the customary Gymnasium entrance.
- Delivery Drivers: We need you now more than ever! When you arrive at 2:15 pm at Midway UMC, please do not get out of your vehicle. Just pull your car around the back of the gym (left side) and under the brick portico. You will be handed family number sheets that should be displayed on your dashboard. When you reach the portico, a dedicated team will load your families’ food boxes. You can leave immediately to deliver.
- Car Loading Team: Arrive outside the portico doors behind the gym. (Be able to lift 25 lbs.
Things We Need from You
- Please donate $10 per person each time you volunteer to help cover food costs.
- Bring it with you.
- Donate online.
- Setup a weekly or monthly recurring donation on this site.
- We always need CLOTH GROCERY BAGS.
- Food ministry supplies we are running low on...
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES
- PASTA SAUCE
- CANNED CHICKEN
Other Ways to Help
- Become a Monthly Donor
- Help families become self-sustained by becoming a monthly donor. Monthly tax-deductible gifts of $10 or more provide the backbone for our work in eliminating food insecurity and providing meaningful food support.
- Select the "Setup a Recurring Gift" link from the "My Account" page.
- Text to Give
- Simply send text to 44321 and in the message type Sunday and follow the link to give securely via your phone.
- Amazon Smile
- When you purchase from Amazon use the link https://smile.amazon.com to make your purchase.
- Select Fill Ministries Inc. as the organization you support.
- Kroger Community Rewards
- When you sign up for a Kroger Plus Card, designate Meals by Grace Inc. AV008 as the nonprofit you want to support.
- Corporate Matching
- Check to see if your company offers a matching funds program. We can assist you with participating or even setting one up with your company.